Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tantalyzing Tuesday, 3 Febuary 2015 ~ The Felony of Neglect #iamwriting #writing #crime

Tantalyzing Tuesday and I have a short for you based upon the photos below. I wrote a piece as a stand in for my friend Pablo Michaels on Daily Picspiration and used it as the "Mother" of this piece. So, if you want to read more, it is about 400 more words only, you can find it here.

I hope you enjoy this little bit darker side of my creativity and, if you do, please leave a comment. Then, there are wonderful writers in our group that have written a 200 word piece based upon a photograph of their choice. Run along and read their submissions, too. They are listed below and in the links sprinkled throughout. Love 'n Hugs. xo

Enjoy ~  ☼ o√ ¸.¨¯`*..*˜"*°
The Felony of Neglect

“I live here! My daughter…where’s my daughter?!”

“Lady, stop!”

“Fuck you! Where’s my daughter?!

“Ma’am…”

A giant of a man emerged from her house, stood in the doorway and blocked out the light behind him.

“Let her go.”

The traces of her daughter’s ordinary, everyday presence overwhelmed her and she collapsed into the chair, crying. The remains of her daughter’s existence surrounded her in a still-life; the controlled chaos whirled around the inside of her home. It seemed like a dream, a netherworld of dual dimensions separated by a fine film of reality. The pandemonium faded to mute as she focused on the simple bowl of fruit that was placed on the coffee table in front of the couch.

She was late. 

Her hungry daughter was left to fix her own dinner and she put a healthy compote of fruit together to eat. If she returned on time, her daughter would be here now and they would be eating the mac and cheese she planned to make for dinner. But, there it was—a simple bowl of fruit—marking her daughter’s disappearance.

It was the glaring evidence of her crime silently screaming, accusing her of the felony of her neglect.

© Muffy Wilson

Participating Author Link





Your Comments Encourage
 Thank you 
 °*"˜˜"*° 


Feel Free to Share


Live ~ Laugh ~ Love

with Passion






6 comments :

  1. Real drama in this week's teaser, Muffy and excellently written. I was gripped by the story and wanted to know why the daughter had disappeared. You left many questions unanswered here. A fab teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent tease, Muffy. It really captures that fear, angst, and self doubt that traps people in situations like this. Very captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment is from your blog and Teaser for today. I've told you I love this Teaser and Picspiration. I can't wait to read the entire story. You have a great beginning which will lead into flashbacks. They are always a fun way to allow thew reader to know the story. Love this.and want to read it continued.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh youch, that hits hard. Great tease, Muffy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already posted on the Daily Picspiration blog, but I'll say it again, moving piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, very chilling piece. Definitely moved me.

    ReplyDelete

I was born when we kissed; I died when we parted. I lived in your embrace while we loved..........

Deborah's Theme ~ Once Upon A Time In America | Ennio Morricone