Sunday, February 8, 2015

Endangered by Sascha Illyvich ~ Release and Interview (@saschaillyvich)

Endangered
by
Sascha Illyvich
(@saschaillyvich)

Amazon Buy Link
Welcome. Today I am thrilled to host a fabulous author, imprint editor and all around bon vivant in a revealing interview I think you all will find fascinating, Sascha Illyvich. Proclaimed by the Publishing industry as the Bad Boy of Romance, Sascha started writing fifteen years ago.  Author of over 50 titles in a
Sascha Illyvich
variety of subgenres, his erotic romances have been listed under the Night Owl Romance and Road to Romance’s Recommended read list, and he's been nominated for a CAPA by The Romance Studio.
  Recently, Torn to Pieces was a USA TODAY Recommended Read. 


Sascha writes for Red Sage, Ardent Books, Secret Cravings Publishing, Sizzler Editions, Totally Bound and Decadent Publishing.  Find him at http://saschaillyvichauthor.com Agency Representation provided by The Corvisiero Agency.

Managing Imprint Editor for Ardent Books, the erotic division of Assent Publishing, and Imprint Editor at Sizzler Editions, Sascha continues to help other authors build the careers they strive for, as those who came before him helped to do. Let's find out a little more about Sascha.

Tell is about your newest release. Endangered is my first Red Sage Release, a novel I have had little time to promote but one I'm very proud of as it [pretty much solidifies my position as a male romance writer.

What genre do you enjoy writing the most? Paranormal Romance 

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story? There is more of me in Josef than I'd comfortable admit.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction? Before I heard about his second book, probably Wrath from the BDB series

What is your most treasured possession? Probably my stuffed Elphie.

Which living person do you most dislike?  So many names…

What is your greatest fear?  I think the greatest fear I uncovered recently was that I’d hurt someone as I’d been hurt.  

Who or what has been the greatest love of your life?  To answer honestly, or in my normal fashion…tough call.  There are some who touch my soul in very profound ways, but the one I’m thinking of hits on such a deep level it would inspire tales of ever-lasting passion with heartfelt depth. 

What is your greatest regret?  Probably that I keep trying to bury a part of me.

If you could choose to be a character in a book, who would it be?  Wrath, hands down.  I’d deal with the blindness.  Not like I’m not in this lifetime anyway.

Which book have you read the most in your lifetime?  Honestly this won’t make sense a la my normal fashion but probably Shell Silverstein’s Where the Sidewalk Ends.

What is your favorite journey?  When I need an escape, it’s metaphysical and to a soul mate or my sister.

What is your favorite quotation? I've been taught to get the fuck up, To dust myself off, and to go it again” ~ Devildriver

Dogs or Cats? Which do you prefer and why? Puppies!  Ask author Ben Coleman!

What do you most value in a friend?  Loyalty

What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?  My mentor, Morgan Hawke helped me become a better writer, now if I’d just listen to her more!

What does your family think about your career as a published author?  I couldn’t care less. 

Besides writing, what other interests do you have?  Cigars and wine are a strong passion of mine.  I’m kinky; throwing bullwhips is a fun thing, in terms of both kink and sport cracking.  Now if I can learn targeting better…

Which book that you’ve written is your favorite? A short I haven’t had published yet about a girl who enjoys Fiji, or another short novella that’ll probably turn into a romance about a girl who traveled six thousand miles to see a lover and find herself, while forcing him to realize he could only find himself in her if he opened up. 

Where do you get your greatest ideas for writing?  Haven’t we had this discussion before?  Weren’t you undressing for me?

What is your Writing Routine?  Brutal.  I handle Ardent Books business and freelance editing stuff plus some PR during the day and when I’m writing a novel, it’s between midnight and 3 AM.  I join the Night Writers group of (mostly) ladies on FB and we support each other kicking out the hardest words we can to make the sparks fly on the page, while making our word count.  That’s every night until the book is done. 

Do you have any interesting or quirks or rituals?  Even though I’m a definite enthusiastic drinker, I have some funny rules about alcohol consumption.  Such as, no more booze on Sunday mornings, though I have ONE exception to that.  If I’ve got smoked salmon, then I can have a shot of vodka with fruit and crackers for breakfast.  As it gets colder, I tend to drink heavier beers and alcohol, but only when it’s really dark outside. 

Silence/Music/TV for background?  The djentiest in Djent-metal!


How can readers connect with you online?

What are your Top (10?) Writing Tips? Writing Advice?
1. Write
2. Write.
3. Read a lot more
4. Study the craft
5. Write
I think you get where this is going…

Can you tell us what is coming up next for you? I’m honestly not sure where because once I finish the final Opeth Pack book, out sometime this year from Secret Cravings Publishing, I’m contractually free and can focus more on a different subgenre of romance. 



Endangered is the story of Livía Ilona and Joséf Staganov, female vampire and rogue cop fighting against the same enemy. 

Livía Ilona is the Vampire Queen of the Night, seductress and ruler over most of California for hundreds of years.  Now she has come across a man she wants more than any other, but he has major flaws that must be overcome.  She knows he can help her recover something the Syndicate stole from her and is determined to get what she wants, but first she must get past Joséf's desire to end his own life.

Joséf Staganov is a frustrated former cop attempting to bring down The Syndicate, a large crime organization that has created a new drug that's very addictive.  The thugs have set up their system to push drugs to new users and convert them into vampires, making them lifelong criminals.  Joséf runs into Livía who later kidnaps him and enlists his help in tackling the Syndicate.

He does his best to resist Livía’s charms, but eventually learns that resisting her is impossible.  Can Livía make Joséf understand that he is her salvation long enough to heal his heart before they face the dangers that lie ahead?

At the end, Joséf understands his true goal of uniting others against evil and must leave for Hungary to learn more about his heritage as a wolf with a particular pack before he can return to America and truly love Livía. 




The scent of roses hung thickly around his muzzle. “My head hurts so much.”  I can’t feel my body. Where am I?  The wolf opened his eyes and saw his body cradled in Livía’s warm arms.  Her sweet smell alerted him of his life’s value to her.  Too bad he didn’t see the same thing in himself that she did. 

Her eyes closed, she hummed, breaking the silence around him with her sweet voice.  She glowed, but settled safety around his tired body.  Mentally worn out, he tried to find the strength to lift his head but couldn't. 

“My poor Farkas.  Come back to me.” A tear fell from her eye to his fur.

No one had ever shed a tear for him.  He’d just killed his only living family member.  The taste of bitterness was still fresh in his mouth.  He opened his eyes just a little, the lights in the office were dim.

“Come back to me, my sweet Farkas.  Please, don’t leave me alone.  Come back to me.”  Her hand covered his heart.

“Please help me rescue Miles, and come back to me.  I don’t want to remain this way without you.”  More tears fell on his fur.

If he wasn't careful, he'd lose too much blood.  I’m not dead, Livía.

She blinked. 

Joséf opened his eyes wider and lifted his tired head to see her face.  For a vampire, her face wasn’t nearly as pale as it usually was.  In fact, apparently knowing he was alive brought a kind of joy to her heart.

“Change!”

He transformed automatically.  He lay there on the ground, bullet wounds still fresh.  Her attempts at cleaning them had been just that, attempts.  At least the bleeding stopped.
“How can you call my power?  Why did you come after me?  I thought you only wanted the one thing.”

“Silly Farkas.  I wanted both.  Miles returned to his mother and you back with us, safe and in one piece.”

“But I am not yours.”  He turned his head away, thinking about the vile things he’d done recently to those people.  Thugs yes, but they were still human.  At least that was the lie he told himself. 

Livía carefully took his chin in her hands and forced him to face her.  “The necklace marks you as mine and lets me control your changes in times like this.  If we had time for paramedics to attend to you, I’d have to change you into a human in order to get you the best treatment.”

“But still, I am not yours.”

“You’ve been mine since you were born, farkas. That is how I called your human form back from the beast.”

Joséf looked away.  He must look like shit, his face was a mess, and he had dried blood on his clothes. Obviously, Livía didn’t care.  She hugged him closer to her and he snuggled against her warmth.

Odd that a vampire was warm.

“Why are you warm?”  He blinked. 

“Because my heart aches for you,  aches for the pain you refuse to let go of.  Blood pumps through my veins, warming my body to respond to yours when you let me heal you.  That will be soon.”  Her smile didn’t reach her eyes. 

He frowned.  “And how will you do that when I’ve done my job and left?”

A twinkle danced in her eyes. “I will call you to me, and we will mate as our line of vampires does.”

He let out an exasperated breath. “The same way I helped to heal you?”
She nodded.  “That is correct, Farkas.”

Bruised and bloodied, and sure that he had a broken rib or two, plus the fact that his leg was pulled from the socket, the thought of being inside of her still stirred his arousal.  He burst out laughing, tossing his head back into her lap. 

“What’s so funny?”  She smirked. 

“You are.  This situation is.  I just…ouch!”  His ribcage hurt when he laughed harder.

“Farkas, I do not understand.”  Her facial expression changed, one eyebrow lifting along with half her mouth. 

He groaned and put a hand to hers.  “Trust me, when it’s all over, you will.”

She interlaced their fingers. “We will lie like this in our bed soon.”

Our bed?  The thought held merit.  It certainly was more comforting than laying on the cold carpet of his father’s former office. 

“I mean it, I love you.”  She nuzzled his neck, warm breath spilling out over his skin.
 
“I know.”  He shrugged, groaned from the pain, and let out a long breath. 

Silence occupied the room and spilled into the hallway.  Amalie was in the building, Her presence his skin itch. 

Yeah, she waited for him. 

Peace spread between them, tranquility and a quiet place where Joséf could exist, because he didn't have the energy to run. 

The calm before the storm, it had to be that,  it couldn’t be anything else.  Amalie’s energy had risen and Joséf’s levels dropped.  She wasn’t milking him, he was just tired and weak.  Rest would do him good, food would be better.

And all Livía could offer any normal man in that instant included great sex.  Healing through sex, a magic he’d heard about from his mother, and experienced firsthand through Livía, frightened him.  Sex was always a bond with women, and even worse, because his mother raised him to love others with his entire heart, a bond with him too.  So coitus equated to love until the Syndicate took his parents from him.  That was what had happened, no matter what Draiman said before his death.  Their father had to do what he did to provide for them, otherwise he was just an empty shell without his mate. 
Mom.

His brother was still wrong.

His mother loved them both and Livía’s heart seemed to be on par with his mother.
  
What should I do?

“Love me, Joséf. It’s all I’m asking.”

Straining his neck to see her better, he smirked.  “You read my mind.”

She patted his chest lightly.  “I almost always do.  How do you think I know when you’re in trouble?”

She couldn't see the pain he clung to, didn't need to know of his inner demons.  The betrayal, the drugs, the people he'd killed in the name of self-defense.  Livía, vampire Queen, had the heart of a savior, even though her mask said sinner.  “Stay out of my head, Goddamnit—ouch!”  Sharp pain in his ribs jolted him in her arms. 

Livía’s fingers ran through his hair, relaxing him.  He could stay like this if he had to, if he didn’t have other things to attend to. 

A part of him wanted to give in to her ministrations, not the voices in his head. 

Hopefully, being a shifter meant that his body healed faster than normal humans.  Though he figured the mental anguish would double.

Her smile reached her eyes now.  “I’m not in your head,  I’m in your heart.”

Her words struck him, hard.  She wouldn’t stop expressing how much she cared for him no matter what, he knew that now.  His only choices were to either love her back and scar her, or to run away and wound her.

“You don’t need to bother with all this, Livía.  I…I don’t want it.”

“Everyone wants comfort and security, Farkas.  Most of all, those of us who have never had it.  And I want to give you what you have not had in a very long time.”

Joséf sighed.  He lifted his head, looking into her beautiful blue eyes.  Her tender smile showed her every emotion. 

She set a palm down over his chest and he knew what she was doing.  Her hand began to glow, producing a circle the same color as her aura.  She pressed her hand to his skin, it was warm against his chest.  His rapid heartbeat tried to keep pace with how much blood he was still losing from his open wounds, but within a few seconds, his pulse had slowed. 
Sweat dripped down his brow.  He would go through shock next if he didn’t get medical help immediately.  “Don’t I heal faster as a shifter?”

“Yes, but you haven’t experienced a full moon yet.  I brought your wolf out early by accident.”

Her lips hovered above his head.  He could smell her fear of losing him and it made him cuddle closer against her.  Pain shot through his hips.  He sniffled and gritted his teeth.  The two wounds in his hip began bleeding again.

Livía put her hand over the wound, he ached even more with the pressure she applied until he looked into her eyes. 

“Let yourself fall prey, Farkas.”

His stomach clenched, causing him more pain as he chuckled.  “I can’t, it hurts too much.”
“Then let me heal you.”  Her soft voice barely registered in his ears. 

***






Your Comments Encourage
 Thank you 
 °*"˜˜"*° 


Feel Free to Share


Live ~ Laugh ~ Love
with Passion





2 comments :

  1. Hey, Muffy :-) Nice to meet you, Sascha. Great interview. "Endangered" sounds fascinating, as do you, and the cover is striking! Wishing you mega-sales and continued writing success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dariel, for your kind visit and awesome comments. Yeppers, that is a GREAT cover. So kind of you to stop by. All my best, Muffy

      Delete

I was born when we kissed; I died when we parted. I lived in your embrace while we loved..........

Deborah's Theme ~ Once Upon A Time In America | Ennio Morricone