Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Blak Rayne ~ An Intimate Interview and Release "The Jock" ~ 11 November 2014

The Jock
by

Blak Rayne

My very special guest today is Blak Rayne, a close personal friend and incredible author. It is my pleasure to help her promote her new book. So fasten your seat-belts, we’re in for Blak Rayne’s astonishing world of fiction. 

Welcome Blak to my humble website.
Humble site, I think not. It’s a beautiful site! Thank you for having me as your guest, Muffy. It’s wonderful to be here.

Who is Blak Rayne?
I’ve been asked before: “Who is Blak Rayne?” And every time, I have no clue how to answer. First and foremost, I’m an author. Not a writer, but an author, and I’ve earned the right to say that. Writers, just write. But once they’ve crossed the threshold and published what they’ve written, they become an author. I’m also an artist and a collector – a collector of art, books, and other interesting things like yaoi, comic books and figurines. I love to game when time permits and I’m a movie buff. But what I enjoy the most, is telling a good story, and I’ve got many more to share. On a personal note…I love purple, adore men (especially Asian men), love Japanese plum wine (go figure!) and cats. But I also have a soft spot for pygmy goats (don’t ask). LOL I’m a Virgo, the eldest in my family, and have four brothers. I’ve dated a wide variety of men, been engaged five times, and married twice. Everything else is too explicit to reveal!

Could you reveal any personal juicy stories about you?  You are a mother. Could you tell us about your role as a Mom? You have a very long list of projects consuming your time, but I would like to offer you the chance to show off and promote your writing career. You may include any exotic stories of your life if you wish.
Aside from everything I’ve listed above, I’m also a mother, and a young grandmother. And I can honestly say, it’s been a pretty wonderful ride. I’m fairly laid-back, full of sarcastic wit and have a dark sense of humour, so you can imagine what my kids have had to put up with all these years. I’ve always felt my children are here for my benefit. In other words, I love teasing them. Thank goodness my open and honest approach to child rearing, worked. My daughter’s twenty-three, and my personal evaluator; she checks out my book covers, reads my blurbs and listens to plot outlines. Her insight has been invaluable. As for my son, he’s a walking encyclopedia, and has helped numerous times with research.

As far as my stories go (the men and the sex), most of my characters and what they go through is loosely based on either people I know, some incident in my own life, or a personal story someone else has shared with me. That’s all I can say, or else I’ll be in deep doo-doo! LOL

When did you decide to write? And what genre and style did you prefer when you first started? What style and genre do you prefer to write currently?
I wrote my first novel in grade seven, and other short stories in high school along with poetry. But I really began to hone my craft in my late twenties. At the time, my first husband worked forty-eight and seventy-two hour shifts away from home, which provided an excellent opportunity for me to write. I wrote fantasy then and shortly afterward my very first gay erotic romance for a website contest. Fantasy remains my favorite genre to write because there’s no limit to where my imagination can go. Romance comes in at a close second, and thrillers third.

What genre, books, and authors do you like to read?
I love books. Period. And I’ll read just about anything. But if I had to choose, I’d say science fiction, fantasy, fantasy romance, mystery and yaoi are my top reads. I’ve read almost all of Agatha Christie’s books. Oliver Bowden is good. J.R.R. Tolkien, Joseph Wambaugh, Diana Gabaldon, Kazuma Kodaka, Youka Nitta, Minette Walters, Terry Brooks, Robin Cook, Morgan Llywelyn, R.D. Ringfield, Edgar Allen Poe, J.K. Rowling, Lucy Maud Montgomery, and many more.

Do you have a person, real or fantasy, you would like to be?
Just for the fun, I’d love to be Dracula, a real vampire, for a few days. Of course, I’d only do it if I were guaranteed free reign and no jail time afterward. LOL

You have experienced many adventures in your life and have lots of energy, but what would you like to do if you had any free time?
If I had free time I’d love to travel and take pictures and sample the exotic foods. My daughter and I had planned a trip to Japan back in 2011, and when I had a bad feeling about it and changed the dates, shortly after, that bad earthquake hit, which caused the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. Italy, the British Isles, Ireland, Japan and Hong Kong are where I’d like to go first. I have one of those Rebel cameras and it takes awesome pictures. So, yeah, I’d drink tea, eat and take pictures and travel. 

What made you write ‘this’ story?
The Jock is actually a complete rewrite. Originally, I’d written the story for another publication several years ago. It was only a couple pages and hadn’t turned out the way I’d wanted because I’d been kind of rushed at the time. So when Jacqueline George asked me to contribute to YSD, I thought, ‘I’ve got just the story.’ And I’m glad I did the rewrite; it turned out so much better the second time round.

Could you tell us about your new book and the story behind it? You may include a brief synopsis and an excerpt, and what or who inspired you to write your story?
The idea hit me while I was daydreaming one day. I’d been thinking about high school and how awkwardly difficult it was to date as a teenager – raging hormones – out of control emotions, etc. Then I’d thought about some of the guys I’d known. And that’s when I came up with the idea of two teenage boys dating. What would it be like for a pair of gay teens to date during the late 80s to early 90s? I figured it would’ve been pretty rough, a perilous though ultimately a rewarding experience. So, I made the setting simple. Adrian, the main character, takes a business trip and while driving home, he begins to reminisce about his past and his first boyfriend. It’s written in first person POV because I want the reader to share in Adrian’s life, feel what he feels.

The Jock

 ‘Time is evanescent. Memories are forever.’

Stuck in a traffic jam on the highway, in the middle of a record-breaking heat wave, Adrian Greene has more on his fevered mind than praying for rain and getting home. With little else to do, his thoughts stray to a better time in his life—his youth and an adventurous three years spent with his first boyfriend. If there’s one thing he longs for, it’s a chance to relive it all.

Excerpt:

I avoided Tim for days afterwardthe cafeteriaanywhere I happened to see him, or hear his voice. Until we met up in science class and I had nowhere left to run. Mr. Gilchrist wouldn’t allow anyone to swap partners, even though I told him it was a life-or-death situation. He just glared, pointing to the back of the classroom. I edged along the wall, avoiding everyone’s prying stares and slumped into the chair next to Tim, dumping my notebook on the table.

“It’s been a while,” he murmured, below the teacher’s announcements.

I refused to answer him and took out my pen.

“Sooner or later you’ve got to speak to me.” Sitting erect, he flipped open the science book. “We’re partners and we’ve got a project to do.”

He placed the book between us, and his hand brushed mine. I flashed a timid grin at him and he smiled. Why did he have to be attractive and the sole object of my carnal desire?
We read the next chapter in the textbook and discussed what we’d do for the project. The time went quickly, and before the class ended, we were putting together the fragmented pieces of our friendship. We talked about our parents and music, and sports, not that I had any real interest, however we did avoid the “lump under my chip bag” topic.

The bell rang.

Tim shot to his feet and slipped me a piece of paper from his notebook. “Read it when you get home.”

“Huh?” I started to unfold it and he snatched it from my grasp.

“Didn’t you hear me? Not here, Adrian, okay?” He glanced about, lowering his voice. 
“Promise me.”

“Ah…okay.” I stuffed the paper in a rear pocket.

“See you tomorrow!”

And with that, he was gone like a bullet, the first out of the classroom. Guys didn’t write guys notes, not usually anyway, so naturally he’d piqued my curiosity. Floating from the room wearing a grin, I wove through the oncoming maze of students. Outside, my mother had parked along the curb, across the street in the shade of a maple tree. 

She waved and smiled.

“How was your day?” She started the car.

“Good!” I clicked the seat belt and then lifted my rump to get at the note. 

Apprehensive, though eager, I unfolded the lined piece of paper.

“What’s that?”

“Nothing, just a note from a friend….” I read the first couple sentences and my cheeks flushed. Even though the majority of Timothy’s chicken-scratch handwriting was almost impossible to decipher, ‘fondle your balls’ came across pretty clear. 

She glanced at me. “It must be somethingyour face is red.”

Scrunching the paper, I laughed nervously. My groin ached with sexual arousal. “It sure is hot in here!”

“Is it?”

“Oh yeah, I’m boiling, Mom.” I fanned a hand in front of my face while stuffing the paper back into my pocket.

“Well, turn on the air-conditioning.”

Fiddling with the knobs, I asked, “Is dad home yet?”

“Tomorrow night, honey. Remember?”

“That’s right, ” I said cheerfully. “It’ll be nice to see him.”

“It will be.” She kept her hands at ten and two, never deviating. “You know, you should invite that boy over for dinner tomorrow night.”

“Boy?”

She laughed, dithering a little over his name. “Tim, I think. You said he’s new to the school and doesn’t have a lot of friends yet.”

I thought about the letter and whether it would be a wise idea. “I don’t know if he’d want to.”

“It wouldn’t hurt to ask.”



What words of wisdom do you have for the aspiring authors out there?

Don't worry about mistakes, everyone makes them; just try to learn from them.


Do you have a favorite quote? Pets? Favorite places?
“Give me yaoi or give me death!” LOL

Where can we purchase your new book? All your buy links.
Do you have future writing adventures you plan to publish?
Yes, I have quite a few WIPs. Right now, I’m trying to finish Carson’s Story, the third novel in my Stephen-Carson trilogy. I’m also working hard to complete an action thriller for submission, and my Devotion series, which is nearly ready for the editor. Next year is going to be incredibly busy for me, but if I play my cards right, I should have five new novels published. I’d also like to get them all out in print.

Please share your previous publications.
Devotion, Devotion 2, Master of Illusion, Master of Destruction, Master of Salvation, Older the Better, The Ideal Side of Love, The Ideal Side of Life, and The Jock, and various articles.

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE
http://www.facebook.com/people/Blak-Rayne/100000858316415
https://twitter.com/BlakRayne
http://blakrayne.deviantart.com/
http://blakrayne.tumblr.com/
http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/blak-rayne/2b/863/862
http://www.authorsden.com/blakrayne
http://pinterest.com/blakrayne
https://plus.google.com/u/0/109359061488463034733/about
http://blakraynebooks.wordpress.com/


Blak, it has been my ultimate and sincere pleasure to share aspects of your life with your devoted readers and fans and to learn more about your new publication, The Jock. Thank you for spending your time as my guest. I wish you continued success.


Your Comments Encourage
 Thank you 
 °*"˜˜"*° 


Feel Free to Share


Live ~ Laugh ~ Love
with Passion



No comments :

Post a Comment

I was born when we kissed; I died when we parted. I lived in your embrace while we loved..........

Deborah's Theme ~ Once Upon A Time In America | Ennio Morricone