TITLE – Lies Come True SERIES – The Avery Hart Trilogy, Book One AUTHOR – Emerald O'Brien GENRE – New Adult Mystery PUBLICATION DATE – April 17th 2015 LENGTH (Pages/# Words) - unformatted right now, but 65k words PUBLISHER – Emerald O'Brien COVER ARTIST – Najla Qamber Designs
BOOK SYNOPSISAvery Hart narrowly escapes death after being attacked in the woods of Crown River. Ten years later...
The body of a young woman is found along the path of a park in the same town. The killer is cunning and ruthless, but even the best killers make mistakes.
Fiona Wolfe, the second woman to be attacked, survives and reveals a potential link between the current killer and the attack on Avery Hart.
Noah Cotter, an ambitious new inspector, becomes drawn to the case when his curiosity combines with his attraction to Avery.
The dangerous search for truth appears to be muddied with each shocking secret brought to light, as Avery, Fiona, and Noah realize that when someone is deceived for too long, sometimes...
She turned back up the trail, and pushed herself to go forward. The next few strides hurt less than the first. She picked up her pace, and squinted into the last of the sunlight, as her heart pounded in her chest.
She took deep breaths as she pushed herself harder, confident that she was gaining ground, and when she reached a clearing by the lake, she looked back.
It was a man, or what looked like one, but his face was white. And red.
AUTHORS PLAYLISTMusic I listened to before I wrote Lies Come True (The Avery Hart Trilogy, Book One) and while I'm writing The Avery Hart Trilogy, Book Two: Go- Meg Myers Scared- The Tragically Hip Got You Where I Want You (re-recorded)- The Flys If I Didn't Know Better- Nashville Soundtrack Breath of Life- Florence and the Machine Shouldn't Have To- The Mark Inside Bent- Matchbox 20 Make a Shadow- Meg Myers Lie- Ryan Levine Shadows- Lindsey Stirling and the whole soundtrack to Gone Girl
TOP TEN TIPS for WRITERS
2. Figure out your writing goal. To publish books? To be a freelance writer? As a hobby/ for fun? When you figure this out, you’ll be able to pave a path toward success as you’ve defined it. Until then-- keep writing!
3. Make time for writing. Everyone has several things a day they need to do and even more they would like to do. If writing is a passion of yours, make it a priority.
5. Share your writing with someone you trust. It can be scary at first, but it can give you a fresh perspective. At worst, they don’t like it, but not everyone is going to like everything. At best, they help to make you a better writer whether their comments are positive or negative.
6. Find other writers who you can talk to. About the business of writing, the craft of writing, or ideas in general. Writing is a solitary thing, and having some support around you can make a big difference.
7. Always carry something you can make notes with. You never know when inspiration will hit and you won’t want to forget it.
8. Keep learning. From craft books, workshops, classes. Whatever works for you. Keep improving your craft.
9. Show. Don’t tell. "Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." – Anton Chekhov
Emerald O'Brien is a Canadian writer who grew up just East of Toronto, Ontario. She graduated from the program of Television Broadcasting and Communications Media at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario. Emerald is the author of new adult mysteries Darkness Follows and it's sequel, Shadows Remain. Her upcoming release, Lies Come True (The Avery Hart Trilogy, Book One), is also a new adult mystery.
When she isn't reading or writing, Emerald can be found with her family and friends. Emerald loves to cook and entertain, and spends many nights watching movies with her husband and their two beagle pups.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
To have my family and friends be healthy and happy, and to know that everyone I love who is no longer alive is in peace. In these ways, I can feel more peaceful, and more free to do what I am passionate about. This would be what I consider perfect happiness.
2. What is your current state of mind?
While I write this, I am thankful.. I look forward to my release of my third novel, Lies Come True, and while I work on current projects, even if they are stressful, I’m grateful.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I have anxiety and in certain situations, it controls me. It controls what I do, what I say. It’s made me who I am today, and while I wouldn’t change the struggles I’ve had, I would change that about myself from here on out. If I could. Still working on that one.
4. Where would you most like to live?
I currently live in Canada, in a city outside Toronto. In the future, I would like to move to a more rural area. I love being around nature, where things are more peaceful. I also want a bit of land for my dogs to be able to run around on.
5. What is your favourite occupation?
By far, being an author is my favourite occupation. I can honestly say, there is nothing else I’d rather do than be able to write. It brings me happiness, a sense of accomplishment, and a feeling of contribution to the world. I still can’t get over the fact that people I don’t know read my books, but when I think about it, it’s a weirdly awesome feeling to share something with those strangers. Something we likely have in common.
6. What do you most value in your friends?
If I was asked this years ago, I’d have so many different answers. I think our experiences shape us, so now, I would say kindness. I have friends that are good to me, who are thoughtful, and sweet. I value kindness in friends and in turn, they make me a kinder person.
7. Who are your favourite writers?
Top of the list is Stephen King. The way he writes, with honesty, touches so many people. I also love Lucy Maud Montgomery. How’s that for contrast? Other favourites include Chevy Stevens, Justin Cronin, Maya Angelou, and Mo Hayder.
9. Who are your heroes in real life?
Family members. I think in part because when you are close to someone, you know a bigger piece of their struggle, and when they overcome it. I know how kind, smart, and strong my family members are. I look up to them for these reasons.
10. What is your motto?
“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” - Shakespeare
AUTHOR FOLLOW LINKS
3 Darkness Follows ebooks 1 Lies Come True ebooks 1 $5.00 Amazon Gift Card
Blast Organized & Hosted By:
Your Comments Encourage
♥ Thank you ♥
♥ °*"˜✿˜"*° ♥
Please Feel Free to Share
Live ~ Laugh ~ Love