Friday, March 20, 2015

Flash Fiction Friday ~ Shadowed Shame @SexyMuffyWilson

Flash Fiction Friday sneaks out of the darkness to great this beautiful day with a writing challenge which prods us to write a 100 word flash fiction story based upon the ghostly photo below. I love this photo. It is actually a rendition of the Cliff House in San Francisco, one of my most favorite cities in the world.

So enjoy, leave a comment if you feel so inclined, but do be sure and saunter over to the other clever and crafty writers who have penned a shortie for your entertainment.

Enjoy ~  ☼ o√ ¸.¨¯`*..*˜"*°
Shadowed Shame
The wind and surf swept with stinging pain, leaving a numb ghostly darkness devoid of sensation. Even as the silent, fugitive thought rose, it was his name that should be screamed into the bitter, grey current of pitiless biting night fury. 

The painful pretense was released into the shadowed light. He stabbed those he loved in the heart with shards of truth and spikes of lies trying to avoid his guilt. 

Black with cowardice in the face of strength, the remains of the day shrouded the house in veiled darkness hiding his shame of betrayal and burned silently from within.
© Muffy Wilson




Your Comments Encourage
 Thank you 
 °*"˜˜"*° 


Please Feel Free to Share


Live ~ Laugh ~ Love

with Passion




6 comments :

  1. A very interesting take on the picture. I love your use of language to make it violent even when there is essentially nothing physical happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poignant prose! I wonder what he's done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that's a powerful 100 words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thaty is a sad and disappointing person who lies and and hurts others. You wove your story through the decline of the castle with the eventual fire that destroyed the Cliff House and possibly him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! My heart ached and yet I was filled with wonder as I read your story. I love you used the different words to describe the darkness, the pain, and heart pain of the moment. Lovely captured in just a 100 words. Beautiful flash!

    ReplyDelete

I was born when we kissed; I died when we parted. I lived in your embrace while we loved..........

Deborah's Theme ~ Once Upon A Time In America | Ennio Morricone