Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Tantalyzing Tuesday Tasters, 23 December 2014 ~ I Am Not Going to Miss You

My teaser today is about love, for sure, but love celebrating seniors, the seniors we are or will become and those in our lives already who may be suffering from dementia, serious Alzheimer's or memory illnesses. 

I am not too sure how many writers we will have this week participating, so, please be a dear and have yourself a merry little visit to those we do have. Please go to their page and see what they have written in two hundred words or less to the photo of their choice. 

The author's group page is linked below and scattered all over the page as well as each author is listed like special snowflakes below, one-by-one.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays!
Enjoy ~   o√ ¸.¨¯`*..*˜"*°

I Am Not Going to Miss You
The years have come and they have gone, and through each new sunrise, we have faced life together. There have been easy days and days of trial but amongst the smiles and sorrow has been strength and passion. For now, in this moment, in this now, let me breathe in your shadow and take today for what it brings. A touch, a whisper and kiss good-bye tonight breaks forth when the day is born anew tomorrow.

     You’ll wake when the sun slices through your window to kiss
                                        your cheek so fair,
I’ll be there beside you, as I have year after year after year.
Our love is locked in passion that has grown old along with us.
Our hearts are woven as one—unbreakable—shored by love and trust.
We have faced each day together even triumphed before we have begun.
The battles we have faced and fought, are battles done and won.
If I should leave tomorrow, and that tomorrow will surely come,
I’ll take with me your sorrow and leave you warmed by the morning sun.
And though we may be far apart, 
By tears and years so cruel
You are always in my heart, 
So I am not going to miss you.
© Muffy Wilson

Participating Author Link






Your Comments Encourage
 Thank you 
 °*"˜˜"*° 


Feel Free to Share


Live ~ Laugh ~ Love
with Passion


Merry Christmas





11 comments :

  1. This was beautiful, Muffy! It was so rich with emotion. I don't know what else I can say. It touched me in a place that hurts yet I was able to embrace it fully.

    Thank you for this. I can't tell you how much this one got to me but I'm smiling about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughtful comment. The forgotten few in all of our families. So sad, especially this time of year. I am so glad you were moved. Merry Christmas. xo

      Delete
  2. So beautiful Muffy. It took me back to an emotional time in my family. True love does remain in the heart, no matter what the circumstance. A touching teaser. Happy Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine, too, Naomi. Mine, too. Merry Christmas, dear. xo

      Delete
  3. Aww, that was just beautiful. The kind of love we all need in our lives :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very touching Muffy. Very Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of the most beautiful teases I have ever read, Muffy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poetry, Muffy. If only it were so easy to 'not miss' those we have lost. It is true, though, that their presence never really goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU MUFFY JI REALLY SO LOVING AND TOUCHING THOUGHTS EXPRESSED IN A BEAUTIFUL WAY . MY HUGS REGARDS AND LOVE FOR ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES . ALL MY BEST WISHES AND GREETINGS ON X MAS MAY LORD GOD GIVE YOU ALL ENOUGH STREENGTH TO COPE WITH FAMILY SITUATIONS AND SUFFERINGS AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Muffy... this was so sweet, and so very poignant. I absolutely *love* your poetic style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How could you write this masterrpiece of romantic poetry and not post it everywhere possible to remind others how dear our lives are, especially when some of us are fortunatwe enough to love a person for many years? This is by far one of the top most beautiful poems you have written,I t's full of romance and sorrow, joy and hope. Bravo, sister!

    ReplyDelete

I was born when we kissed; I died when we parted. I lived in your embrace while we loved..........

Deborah's Theme ~ Once Upon A Time In America | Ennio Morricone