Haruffa Tales by Kenneth E Hautala
Genre: Retro Pulp Fantasy
Publisher: Friesen Press
Page Count: 345
BEYOND THE CONSTRAINTS OF TIME, LIFE, AND DEATH, THERE ARE POWERFUL UNSEEN FORCES.
Beyond the constraints of Time, Life, and Death, there are powerful unseen forces; these forces oversee the movements of life as the balance between good and evil heaves like the waves of the sea. And within the spiral of time, an eternal love causes the chords of the soul to thrum with an unrelenting anthem. This living, evolving melody is etched into the psyche of a most unlikely hero—a young, sickly child who was, by all accounts, not expected to survive, let alone be conceived.
In the city of Madra, two healers joyfully anticipate the birth of their long-awaited son, Haruffa. But after only a few short weeks, it becomes apparent that he is quite ill. Desperately petitioning the supernatural Aspects of Life, Death, and Time, the child’s parents beg for help at any price. Their cries for mercy are duly heard and answered.
The timing of Haruffa’s birth is, in fact, no accident: he is to be appointed and equipped to overcome the greatest threat to life upon the planet—the evil necromancer, Bruab, and his growing undead army.
Praise For Haruffa Tales: Five star review from Foreward Reviews “With the next installment of Haruffa Tales, Specter Past, already on its way, now is the time to enter Haruffa’s world. For fantasy devotees or graphic-novel lovers looking for something a little different, Hautala and Trout’s collaboration is not to be missed.” -Pallas Gates McCorquodale
Publisher’s Website | Amazon US | Amazon UK | Barnes & Noble | iTunes | Indigo | Google Play | Kobo
About the Author
An avid fisherman and outdoorsman, he lives in Newmarket, Ontario with his beautiful wife, Linda, his beloved mother-in-law, Vivian, and their St. Bernard, Xuber.
1. What are you currently reading? If you don’t have time to read right now is there a book that you’re looking forward to picking up?
- The last book I read was “Hurricane Crimes” by Chrys Fey. A little out of my bailiwick but a good read nevertheless. Chrys is an American Suspense/Mystery writer out of Florida. Her work has a definite romantic flair and she spends a lot of her free time trying to help budding authors on her blog, “Write with Fey”.
I’m going to go by the local used book store and see if I can find a copy of Lucifer’s Hammer by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. Great book, originally published in 1977. I gave my copy to a friend years ago and lately I’ve had an urge to read it again.
2. What do you look for in a novel?
- Action for sure, however nothing turns me off a book faster than when a writer takes half a page or more to describe a piece of furniture. Is it wood? Is it metal? Is it oak or prehistoric mammoth tusk? Does it really friggin’ matter? Sorry it just drives me nuts.
What really hooks me into a book is the pace. The best authors have the ability to seamlessly change the pace of the book and guide the reader like a conductor in an orchestra.
3. Are than any new novels in the works? What’s next for you as an author?
- The sequel to Haruffa Tales is in the works and is tentatively titled, “Spectres Past” with a further two books planned thus far. I have two other titles on the backburner and am eager to get started on those as well but one thing at a time, as they say.I’m working with a new Canadian Production Company called BIGBizVideo to develop a 60 second promo/parody for my book based on the old Night Gallery series. I’m also continuing to explore the possibility of bringing Haruffa Tales to life in the form of an animated feature of mini-series. So if anyone reads the book and wants to throw me a bucket of money to jump on the Haruffa Train, let me know. The more the merrier as they say.
Music plays a crucial role in Haruffa Tales. Not only in the novel itself but during the novel's creation as a whole. That being said, it’s my pleasure to bring you *The Imaginary Haruffa Tales Soundtrack.
Track One: Love and Rockets - Bound for Hell
Track Two: Sneaker Pimps - Blood Sport
Track Three: Lyeoka - Simply Falling
Track Four: Kongos - Hey I Don't Know
Track Five: Tenacious D - Master Exploder
Track Seven: Tito &Tarantula - Angry Cockroaches
Track Eight: Alice Francis - St. James Ballroom
Track Nine: Garbage - Push It
Track Ten: Jazzbit - Swingin' Man
Track Eleven: Monster Magnet - Bummer
Track Twelve: Snoop Dogg vs. David Guetta (Remix) - Sweat
Track Thirteen: Ashley MacIsaac - Sleepy Maggie
Denis Leary - Asshole (Uncensored Version)