Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Reality Check by V.L. Locey @vllocey ~ Erotic Hockey Romance

2016 Blitz Banner

Reality Check

(Book 4 of the To Love a Wildcat Series) by V.L. Locey
Erotic Hockey Romance

Naked man in hockey helmet and skates

BOOK SYNOPSIS

The team owner/head coach relationship can be a tenuous one at times. Isabelle Lancourt can testify to just how stressful it can be. Ever since her husband passed away, leaving her his beloved Wildcats, she and Philip Moore have been at loggerheads. When the opportunity to sign a Russian hotshot presents itself, Isabelle leaps at the chance to prove herself as more than just a pretty face. Dealing with hot flashes, salary caps, and trade deadlines she can handle with ease. The aftermath of an ill-advised, but erotically superb, rendezvous in Siberia with the handsomely annoying Coach Moore? That was not in any Wildcats playbook. Can Isabelle and Philip handle the changes life is about to throw at them? Or will combining their personal and professional lives prove to be a misconduct penalty that the league simply cannot overlook?

BUY LINKS

AMAZON  |  B&N

 EXCERPT

“I hate to be termed over-reactionary or whiny bitch,” I opened with. The man crammed into a seat two sizes too small for him mumbled something unintelligible across the thin aisle. “And far be it for me to complain, but I think the left wing is about to fall off.” 
Within a heartbeat Moore was out of his seat and leaning across me. My nose was burrowed into his shirt pocket. That brisk seafaring scent he wore wrapped its arms around my olfactory to hug my sense of smell tightly. I drew in a deep breath, held it, tasted the tang of cologne and man, then exhaled through my mouth. Philip shifted a bit. 
“Sorry,” he murmured, his bulk sliding downward a bit, so that his stomach rested on the rickety arm of my mouse-chewed seat. “I think it’s just the bounce of the plane over the turbulence,” he announced after a long, and not unpleasant, moment of his abdomen brushing my breasts. When I made a weak sound of hope in reply, he glanced from the window to me, a small twist of a smile playing on his lips. The impact of our positions hit me like a cinderblock to the head. His mouth was mere inches from mine now. I could see him swallow roughly. His jaw and neck were dark with new whiskers. I wanted to feel the rasp of his stubble on my neck, breasts, and inside my thighs. I wanted. Oh, hell yes, I wanted. 
The blue of his irises darkened as I studied my reflection in his eyes. Was it desire I saw, or something else profound and powerful? Love and hate share lots of secrets, being such close friends as they are. The plane hit a ball of violent air. My head coach nearly went to his knees in front of me. My fingers dug even deeper into the arms of my seat. Philip gathered himself quickly, wiggling from the space between my knees and the crummy seat in front of me. 
“Sorry,” he coughed, hurrying back to his own seat. I nodded, neck tight, spine stiff, heart hammering, and thighs twitching. “You remind me of Christine,” he said out of the blue. I managed to make my head creak around to look at him. The man was in control once again. Wish I could be so quick to move from one frightening thing to another. Shit, I was still freaking out about the way my body responded to his. “She didn’t mind flying until we hit turbulence,” he explained, wistfully. 
“Every time we would run into a rough patch, her eyes would grow bigger.” He paused to find me looking at him. “She had these wide eyes anyway, so she always looked surprised,” he clarified. I nodded, knowing how important talking about our lost ones is. 
“Anyway, when she would feel the slightest jounce up she would go, eyes as big as basketballs, and into the ladies’ room she would dash. Once, on a flight down to Florida to see our youngest son Drew when he was in college, Christine spent the entire flight in the bathroom.” He chuckled in amusement. The sound was incredibly pleasing. My anxiety lessened a bit. “I used to tease her about the well-known safety features of a ladies’ powder room during a plane crash. Sometimes our fears get the best of us, though. She knew she was just as screwed as everyone else on that plane, but something about that cramped little girls’ room made her feel less vulnerable, I suppose.” 
“Colton used to say ‘There ain’t no point in fretting about dying. If the good Lord says it’s your time, then it’s your time, darling!” I tossed out in my best Texan accent. Philip laughed uneasily. 
“That sounds like Colton,” he said, running his palms over his thighs briskly. I wanted to ask him how he had dealt with his wife’s death. I knew she had passed a few years back from cancer, leaving him and their two grown sons to carry on. “He was a good man. He’s sorely missed.”

Author Photo - VL Locey

AUTHOR BIO

V.L. Locey loves worn jeans, yoga, belly laughs, reading and writing lusty tales, Greek mythology, the New York Rangers, comic books, and coffee. (Not necessarily in that order.) She shares her life with her husband, her daughter, one dog, two cats, a flock of assorted domestic fowl, and three Jersey steers.
When not writing spicy romances, she enjoys spending her day with her menagerie in the rolling hills of Pennsylvania with a cup of fresh java in hand. She can also be found online on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and GoodReads.

AUTHOR FOLLOW LINKS

Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter Pinterest  |  Goodreads  |  My blog  |  Tsú
Gone Writing Publishing Backlist Books and Upcoming Releases Pink Pucks & Power Plays (Book One of the To Love a Wildcat Series) A Most Unlikely Countess (Book Two of the To Love a Wildcat Series) O Captain! My Captain! (Book Three of the To Love a Wildcat Series) Reality Check (Book Four of the To Love a Wildcat Series) Language of Love (Book Five of the To Love a Wildcat Series) Final Shifts (Book Six of the To Love a Wildcat Series) Clean Sweep (Book One of the Venom series) Coming March 2, 2016 . . . Twirly Girl (Book Two of the Venom Series) Coming June 6, 2016…Wingers & Wands (a standalone M/F erotic hockey romance novella) Coming Aug. 3, 2016…Tape to Tape (Book Three of the Venom Series) Coming Nov. 16…Roster Addition (a To Love a Wildcat hockey romance novella) Torquere Press Backlist and Upcoming Releases Two Guys Walk Into an Apocalypse (Part of the He Loves Me For My Brainssss anthology) Two Guys Walk Into an Apocalypse 2: It Came From Birmingham Two Guys Walk Into an Apocalypse 3: He's a Lumberjack and He`s Undead Love of the Hunter Goaltender`s Penalty All I Want for Christmas - A Toms & Tabbies Tale Early to Rise - A Toms & Tabbies Tale Every Sunday at One (Part of the 2013 Charity Sip Anthology) Night of the Jackal An Erie Halloween An Erie Operetta Back to the Garden (Also part of the Mythologically Torqued Anthology) Coming April 13, 2016 . . . An Erie Garden Party Ellora`s Cave Backlist and Upcoming Releases Bound, Boarded and Bagged Two Man Advantage Game Misconduct Coming in 2016 . . . Full Strength & Shutdown Pair Independent Releases Coming October 5, 2016…On Broadway (part of the Changing on the Fly M/M hockey romance charity novella) Coming Dec. 20, 2016…Holly & Hockey Boots (a gay erotic holiday hockey romance)

This event has been organized & hosted by
2016 Follow Button
Your Comments Encourage
 Thank you 
 °*"˜˜"*° 


Please Feel Free to Share


Live ~ Laugh ~ Love


with Passion


 

Your Blog Host:

Muffy, author of provocative romance about love, sex, hope and passion, was born in Texas to traditional parents. With two older brothers, she was the youngest, the family "princess," indulged and pampered. Her father was a career Colonel and pilot in the U.S. Air Force which required the family to travel extensively. Muffy spent her formative years in Europe and 'came of age' in France which forged her joie de vivre and love for books, writing and education.

Married and living in the tropical paradise of SW Florida along the Gulf Coast, Muffy dabbles in real estate, writes and enjoys life in the sun with her husband and wee Havanese pup, Burt. 
~ Live, Laugh, Love with Passion

Now on Pre-Order
Consenting Hearts A Very Special Valentine

~ Coming Soon ~
Feb  2016 ~ My Life in the Sky A Memoir of Lt.Col. Joe Lyle Jr


Mar 2016 ~ Alpha Fever Anthology with Gina Kincade from Naughty Nights Press 
May 2016 ~  Sequel to The Para-Portage of Emily
July 2016 ~ Ribbons of Moonlight Sequel to Moonbeams of Unintended Consequences




© 2000-2016 Muffy Wilson. [Muffy@MuffyWilson.com] All rights reserved. Content may not be copied or used in whole or part without written permission from the author.

1 comment :

I was born when we kissed; I died when we parted. I lived in your embrace while we loved..........

Deborah's Theme ~ Once Upon A Time In America | Ennio Morricone