I’M THANKFUL FOR EROTICA
Today is Thanksgiving in the US, a day we get together with family and friends, feast, and remember all the things we have to be thankful for. In One Night In Cleveland, my hero Matt is thankful for being mistakenly arrested—why? Because the cop who arrests him, sexy Lieutenant Caylee Benton, stepped right out of his fantasies.
Caylee is thankful for Matt too: a reformed bad boy now working as a chef, he’s a little rougher than what she usually goes for, but she can’t resist just a little taste…or more. They’re about to have a wild and lusty twenty-four hours in Cleveland and be extra thankful at the end.
Me, I’m thankful for erotica and erotic romance. Why? I love to write and read it. Here’s the reasons why:
- Something for everyone: Erotica explores a myriad of subjects, from the super kinky to the sweetly vanilla. With so many writers exploring so many different plots, desires, tastes, and taboos, everyone can find something they like.
- Diversity: Erotica spans cultures, races, sexualities, body types, and genders. No matter who you are and what walk of life you come from, you can find erotica that fits you. Erotica doesn’t conform!
- Community: Erotica writers stick together. Some authors come from situations in which they can’t be open about what they write, so they need connection with other authors who understand what it’s like to peddle smut for a living.
- Humor: Erotica takes a light-hearted approach to storytelling. After all, it’s all about sex, and sex is fun. Most erotica authors can crack a saucy joke about themselves, too. When the world needs smut, we provide like smut superheroes!
- The great escape: I can be as studious as the next person, but sometimes I want to turn my brain off and enjoy a drool-worthy description of a hot guy dangling a pair of handcuffs. Sometimes I want to read about a sexy romp between the sheets or how that gorgeous hunk swept a girl off her feet (and into the sheets). It’s like chocolate covered strawberries in a hot bubble bath at the end of a long day.
This is but a short list of reasons I’m thankful people write smut—and that they let me join in. The fantasy is lovely to explore. How about you, what are you thankful for?
One Night in Cleveland
He looked down at her, his eyes guarded, body tense. “So…that’s my ugly part. That’s what you’re getting, if you want to pursue this.”
She rested a hand on his stomach. “It takes a lot of courage to make a change like that.” She spoke softly. “You’re very brave. I’m glad you defeated your demons. I’m glad you’re here now.”
He relaxed. “Thank you.”
“That doesn’t freak me out, and yes, I’d like to pursue this.” She curled her fingers in his shirt. “That is, if you do.”
“I’d love to.”
She lifted her head and he kissed her again. She rubbed his chest. He gripped her hip, and she wanted more than anything for him to pull her into his lap. The heat inside her flared up again, making her burn.
She broke away. “Let’s go inside.” She’d made a decision.
He nodded and got up with her.
Once inside, she hurriedly closed and locked the bedroom door. Matt stood in the middle of the room, at the end of her bed. The lamp was on in the corner, casting yellow light across the carpet and ceiling.
“Caylee?” He arched an eyebrow.
She walked over to him and pressed her body against his, needing to feel him.
“Your grandma,” he whispered.
“She’s sound asleep. She’s a heavy sleeper, trust me. It’s the reason I wish she’d pay her alarm bill.” She stretched up to his mouth.
He kissed her lightly. “Yeah, but—”
“This is my place. I’m an adult.” She caressed his broad shoulders. “I couldn’t stop thinking about you all day. About what we did in the car. I was looking forward to tonight, I was hoping for so much more. Even though I tried to pretend I could behave myself.”
He gripped her hips, his big hands making her waist seem tiny. “I was thinking about you too. Getting off once with you wasn’t enough. It was just a taste.”
“If you really want to leave, I’ll let you go.” She tugged the bottom of his shirt up. “But I can’t stand the teasing anymore. I’m ready to explode. I need you.”
“I don’t think I could walk out of here right now if I wanted to.”
Chef Matt Fattore lives a clean and lawful life—so he doesn’t expect to meet the woman of his wet dreams by being arrested by her. When Lieutenant Caylee Benton of the Cleveland PD mistakes him for a wanted burglar, Matt finds out fantasies sometimes land right in your lap—and frisk you.
Sparks fly despite the misunderstanding and Matt decides to take a chance and ask her out—and maybe, coax her into bed. But Caylee is more than just a beautiful woman with a badge and a gun. While Matt is falling in lust with her, she’ll become his hero, too.
Matt is about to spend the wildest twenty-four hours of his life in Cleveland, and if he’s lucky, he’ll be in handcuffs by the end of the night.
Amazon (US): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0160IPLAE/
Amazon (UK): http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0160IPLAE
Megan Morgan is a multi-published award winning urban fantasy, paranormal romance, and erotica author from Cleveland, Ohio. Bartender by day and purveyor of things that go bump in the night, she’s trying to turn writing into her day job so she can be on the other side of the bar for a change. Hailing from the often-wintry shores of Lake Erie, she lives with an attention-seeking cat and her adult son, both of which shed too much.
Amazon Page: http://www.amazon.com/Megan-Morgan/e/B00LBHTUSE/
Make sure to follow the whole tour—the more posts you visit throughout, the more chances you’ll get to enter the giveaway. The tour dates are here: http://www.writermarketing.co.uk/prpromotion/blog-tours/currently-on-tour/megan-morgan-2/