Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Taste of Thursday, September 18, 2014 ~ Taylor Savior "Coffee and Confessions"

A Taste of Thursday brings us another look into my current WIP, "Taylor Savior" for Decadent Publishing. It is an erotic adaptation of "The Giant and the Tailor", an entertaining Grimm's Fairytale. I have used the story line and made a love story with a challenge woven throughout.

At this point, Simon draws Aynne out of her daydream of the only night they shared ten years prior. Suspended deeply in her thoughts about his touch, and more, he finally gets her attention. Let's peek and have a listen.......shhhhhhhhhhhh. They're talking. xo

Enjoy ~  ☼ o√ ¸.¨¯`*..*˜"*°


Read Previous Installments Here:
First    Second     Third     Fourth     Fifth     Sixth     Seventh


"Coffee and Confessions"
"Aynne?…Aynne! Ms Meriwether asked how you take your coffee. Cream and sugar still?” Simon injected into her daydream.

“Oh, pardon me! Please, with a little cream and sugar.” She blushed as though she had been seen actually doing what she was daydreaming about doing with Simon.

“So, Aynne, has life worked out the way you planned? What are you up to these days? Do you still live in the City or have you joined the masses in Suburbia, Walnut Creek, perhaps? Did you complete your Masters program in design?” He laughed and added, “Perhaps I should let you answer before you conclude I am grilling you!” He leaned back in the leather sofa with his coffee and relaxed as he smiled warmly at Aynne.

Aynne began to talk, slowly at first then more and more animated as she lost herself in the summary of her life and the last ten years. She had finished her masters program, she worked for a design firm for awhile before she took a few months off to, to decide the direction her life should take then later started her own firm with the money from her trust fund. She went on about getting the business started and profitable, her town home in the Castro District. It seemed to Aynne she talked about everything, except the reason that brought her to Chicago to see him. When she realized she had monopolized the conversation, she took the opportunity to take a sip from her coffee and looked over her cup at the man she had loved for so long.

“What about you, Simon? You look so…so…so prominent and successful, so impressive. And, of course, handsome; you haven’t changed a bit. In fact, I think you are even more…more impressive…than I remember you being on stage. And this building, your offices and your organizations. I can only conclude that you have done well for yourself,” she laughed a bit nervously and blushed. Oh, gosh, she thought to herself, I am making a mess of all this.

Simon leaned over to her, placed his cup and saucer on the tray, and took her delicate hand. His touch rekindled the embers within her that burned for him, glowed a blue-white hot inside her, since the first moment he touched that very same hand so many years ago in the atrium of the Morrison’s home. She looked into deep black eyes once more and their gaze locked in a breathless dance of expectation. She released a heavy sigh and looked down at their conjoined hands, longingly.

“Aynne, please relax. It is me, Simon. We are friends, once much closer. You were never nervous with me, please don’t be now. Tell me, how can I help you?”

“Simon, I don’t know how to start; I don’t know where to begin without sounding purposeful, devious even.”

“Begin at the beginning and stop when you’ve told your story. It is as easy as that.”

“I have no hidden agenda, Simon. I am not here for myself. I – I, this is so difficult.”

“Please, Aynne. Then for whom?”

“I have a daughter, Lily. She is almost ten now. Would you like to see a photograph of her?”

“Aynne, I never knew you married and had children.”

“I didn’t,” she said and cast her eyes to the floor again.

 °*"˜*..*˜"*° 


Feel Free to Share



Live ~ Laugh ~ Love
with Passion

   

18 comments :

  1. Is Lily his? What is she like and what will he do? The questions are endless. You can't leave it here, you tease. Great taster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's the rub then, huh, Naomi? Thank you for your visit and comments. xo

      Delete
  2. Oh boy things are about to hit the proverbial fan.....I bet she's his...and wow will it be a doozy for him.

    Great taste today, it really drew me into the story, concern for her and her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and she is very ill. Why else would she seek him out after 10 years but to save his own daughter?. More than that I will not say, but the story does complicate, Decadent. Thank you for the visit and comment. xo

      Delete
  3. I love that little surprise twist at the end. I hope things work out for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, Sabrina, and comment. I appreciate it. xo

      Delete
  4. I can read this story over and over. Each week I anxiously await the segment. I am such a groupie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so funny, Mangus!! It is a joy to write for you. Thank you for stopping for a visit and leaving a comment. It is very much appreciated. Xo

      Delete
  5. An interesting complication. I look forward to see it unravel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may take awhile, Angelica. Thank you for stopping ans leaving a comment. xo

      Delete
  6. You describe her tense emotions very well with her passionate desires weaved within the fabric of their dialogue. I know her secret and the anxiety facing her revelation she's soon to make known to him. Her daughter can only be his daughter too. But more pressing is his reaction. I have to know that. He is so calm and relaxed. Will he be overjoyed but remain calm And I have to know what she wants from him. You have sunk line, hook and sinker for the reader to be caught in your story with this scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many thing weighing on him right now. You'll know more next week and then I promise - more sex!! Thank you, my brother, for visiting and leaving such a thorough comment. I very much appreciate the time it takes to encourage. xo

      Delete
  7. I'm beginning to think the child is his. Only the author can say. Interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, how smart you are. Thank you for stopping by and commenting. xo

      Delete
  8. I can't believe it was all a daydream. Could the child be his daughter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't all a daydream, Linda. The child is very real and conditions are urgent. Thanks for visiting and commenting. xo

      Delete
  9. Brilliantly written with so many questions still to be answered

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules, yes, indeed. It is a complex story with lots of flashbacks. Thanks for visiting and commenting. I very much appreciate it. xo

      Delete

I was born when we kissed; I died when we parted. I lived in your embrace while we loved..........

Once Upon A Time In America | Ennio Morricone