Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tantalyzing Tuesday Teasers, October 1, 2013 ~ Heart Foils

As Tantalizing Tuesday Teasers rolls around, a plethora of prurient scribes each selected a photo that moved them and wrote a mere 200 words describing their impressions. I was a wee pensive today because my husband had surgery this morning. Any kind of health issue, no matter how small, makes one think reflectively about the past, the present and the future. I did so today while Vince was in having his procedure.

I thought about our first date, oh so many years ago and I thought I would share it with you.  If you enjoy my short, 200 word description of our first embrace, please leave me a comment. Be sure to visit all the other contributing authors and read their flashes then leave a comment. We are all starved for attention and thrive on your entertainment.


Heart Foils
His warmth, his scent assaulted me in a single gasp of air.

I don't know much about love. I only know it is about being so white hot you freeze; It's about losing your breath and control over your limbs, then falling, abandoning all hope of survival alone.  

I felt myself flush and my knees weaken. A blanket of goose flesh fell electrically across my body in graduating, throbbing waves of passion from temperate to scorching.  My heart, my pulse stopped in a single moment as I froze under his spell. I wanted to touch him, to complete the magnetic connection ignited in our glance: embracing flesh against flesh. His breath coiled around my shoulders to my waist and pulled my body irrevocably to him.

I fell into him. I had given up control of my body to the foils of his hot currents. I rode my passions into the heat of his heart and the arms of his affections. 

I tumbled into his love as sure as if I had fallen off of a cliff. He collected me on my decent when my knees buckled and my body folded without resistance into the warm waiting embrace of my new lover.

***

So, there you have it! I hope you enjoyed it and if so, please leave me a comment here on the blog. Now, listed below are the contributing authors this week. You can fall back and forth from the list below, or you can use the link above to navigate to their teasers. Thank you for stopping by......



13 comments :

  1. Oh Muffy! How beautiful and how wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing this and for capturing so perfectly a first embrace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cery nice, woman -- keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! How perfectly have you described falling in love! Absolutely breath taking. I swear I stopped breathing myself reading parts of that. Fab tease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I felt myself flush and my knees weaken. A blanket of goose flesh fell electrically across my body in graduating, throbbing waves of passion from temperate to scorching." An accurate description for a man or woman being swept off their feet in love, especially the first date. Your words captured beautifully your memory of your first date, written like a love poem. Did Vince read this? He really should when he feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Captivating and beautiful! I am amazed at how flawlessly you described falling in love! The way you constructed every word is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Muffy Ji you have wrapped the desires and passion of beloved in a beautiful basket of flowers and what a beautiful web of words . Love your rythemic style . Thank you Muffy Ji

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm purrrs. Love the detailed words, so full of passion and desire. Makes me warm and fuzzy and you gave me goose bumps too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your words can feed an empty soul... You weave your songs so sensual, romantic, and beautiful.... I can appreciate the talent it takes to capture the reader's imagination....and you do this so very brilliantly..... Much Love Muffy ~ xo

    -poeticweaver

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent. I love your writing and your use of perfect description every time

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful, touching depiction. You have my highest praise, which is always: I wish I had written this! Once, I knew this embrace, and then he saw a pretty girl passing and dropped me on my plentiful derriere! LOL! I'm so glad you had such an amazing moment. It gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderfully evocative portrayal of abandonment - to passion, lust and love. The picture inspired and you rode the wave of that inspiration. Terrific stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I was born when we kissed; I died when we parted. I lived in your embrace while we loved..........

Once Upon A Time In America | Ennio Morricone