Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tantalyzing Tuesday Teaser, September 10, 2013 ~ So Be It....

Ah, Tuesday ... one of my favorite days of the week.  A teaser of it's own, today is Tantalyzing Tuesday Teasers weekly blossoming.  As you know, we, each one of us, selects an inspiring photograph that tickles our muse within to awaken with a representative piece, a wee flash, of 200 words ~ no more, no less.

I have been collecting photos of mermaids and I wonder at their lore.  The sea has a natural, mesmerizing draw upon all of us.  The love of the sea, along with moon, the sun and the stars draped in the shrouded darkness of the night... lovers in an eagerness to touch, to be, to submerge, conjoined in shared heat, their lives forever. The music I have selected to accompany this piece is almost the whisper, the plea, between them.......

Now, only one request: before you leave me to bathe in the prurient pools of my writer partners imaginations, (they are listed at the link above or individually like autumn leaves below) please leave me a comment.  I thrive on any kind of attention, not the least of which is just knowing you stopped by to fondle my pages.  So finally, for your reading pleasure today, I offer the very epitome of nautical charm, of seduction, I have called So Be It...

So Be It...

You don't know me; you couldn't possibly understand.

I know that my life began the moment I saw you. 
I know the night painted your hair with an onyx shimmer that beckons my fingertips to weave my essence, my heart, through the rich black ribbons.
I know the sun swathed your skin in alabaster silk glistening with an eagerness to be touched. 
I know the stars have taken up residence in your eyes and the moon has kissed your smile. 
I know that at the naked nearness of your heat, the earth trembles with anticipation and your scent…the aroma of fresh peaches in rich cream…floats across the golden threads of evening air breathing life into my soul.

You can't understand, she whispered into the waiting night.

I needn't understand because I care.
I care that you are adored, honored, revered.
And I care because I love...

We can never be together, never! she murmured into the fragrant darkness.

If you will but take my hand…trust me…we can do anything, be anything, love anywhere.

To love me is to write your destiny. 

Lift me into your arms on but the promise of a kiss, breathe into me, then so be it…



***
Now, dive over to my cohorts pages and submerge yourself in their fantastical imaginations.  Don't forget to leave a comment for their efforts.  Hope you left one for me......eeeeeeeee!!

Naomi Shaw: www.authornaomishaw.com
Ray Sostre: http://theafterdarkworld.blogspot.com
Doris O'Connor: http://thetardisscribbles.blogspot.co.uk/
J.P.Stevens: http://jp-stevens.blogspot.co.uk/
J S Morbius: http://morbiussworld.blogspot.co.uk/
Leann Mitchell: http://leannmitchell.blogspot.com/
Pablo Michaels: http://www.pmmanmanromance.com/
Jake Malden: http://jakemalden.blogspot.com
Paloma Beck: http://romancebeckons.blogspot.com
Ella Grey: http://ellagrey.wordpress.com

13 comments :

  1. very beautifully crafted. mermaids lend themselves to that sensual vibe you had going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Muffy. So beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm spellbound. So beautifully written a piece describing the sensual moment I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathtaking and so sensual, Muffy! I was transfixed. Perfect mixture of the music with your flowing words. Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From my friend and author, Bonni Sansome: "I absolutely loved it. It was sensual and sweet, seductive and sad and I don't think you need to worry about your craft. You haven't lost a thing." ... Thank you, Bonni:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story was rich with poetic romance which I adore but can't write. Beautiful. The descriptions were believable as a dream come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So romantically descriptive... and the music? Oh wow... Just freaking beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellently written with beautiful use of description

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, lush prose, Muffy! I wanted to read more. I adore Chris Botti and the music is an awesome sensual pairing to your words. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely sumptuous! What a beautiful picture you paint! The music is the sea tumbling over itself while the lovers are lost in their own depths. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I've ever heard you so lyrical, Muffy. This piece was truly inspired by the sea, with imagery reminiscent at times of Shakespeare himself. Truly beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

I was born when we kissed; I died when we parted. I lived in your embrace while we loved..........

Once Upon A Time In America | Ennio Morricone